Diagnosing and Repairing Ignition Switch Problems
Lost your car keys?
Car keys locked inside?
Need your car remote fixed?
Ignition barrel faulty?
Request a call-back
Ignition switch problems can result in great inconvenience as you struggle to get your car started and even dangerous situations when the engine ends up shutting down unexpectedly. Getting an ignition switch problem correctly diagnosed and repaired will help ensure you can confidently keep using your vehicle with peace of mind. Some of the most common ignition switch faults that may arise include:
- Worn-out key or ignition cylinder – Like any other car part, the key and ignition system can become worn with age so the key no longer works when you try to start the car. This will typically require a replacement for all the locks in the car.
- Ignition switch contact problems – As part of an electrical system, an ignition switch can have bad contacts that cause it to malfunction and make it difficult for the car to start or cause the engine to shut down when you have the vehicle still running. This is best resolved with the replacement of the ignition.
- Steering wheel lock problem – A problem between the ignition cylinder and steering wheel lock connection can cause the lock to become stuck and prevent the cylinder from rotating. This can often be fixed by simply turning the steering wheel back and forth while turning the key in the ignition.
- Damaged or broken key – A damaged key may be unable to line up correctly with the cylinders in the lock and make it impossible to start the vehicle. It is also possible to have a key break off in the lock. In such cases, we can help with replacing the lock and key, rekeying, and extraction.
- Security system problems – For vehicles with a built-in security system, there could be a problem with the programming that stops it from recognising the key or wiring issue that causes the system to fail. We can help in diagnosing the problem and finding you the necessary expertise to rectify it.
Fast, affordable and competitive service
Whatever the time of day or night – 247 Auto Locksmith is here to help you (Emergency Car locksmith).
We have many years of experience in the Auto Locksmith industry and no vehicle system is a problem for us. We’ve worked on a large range of vehicles so you can be confident in our workmanship. So, if you’re stranded or just need some general advice or a free quotation, get in touch with us today.
Replacement car keys
Car key & fob repairs
Ignition barrel replacements
Areas We Cover
All postcodes including Central London.
Balham, Battersea, Brixton, Clapham, Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, Forest Hill, Fulham, Greenwich, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Putney, Richmond upon Thames, Roehampton, Southwark, Streatham, Sutton, Wandsworth, West Norwood, Elmers End, Carshalton, Norbury, Crystal Palace, Keston
If your area isn’t listed please contact us – Click here